Software and Hardware request !

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Tue Oct 2 23:26:44 GMT 2001

Ok, that's not a bad idea, but...
Most of the 4 cylinder DIS compatible calibrations are not yet publicly
"hacked."  That is, the locations of spark/fuel tables and other "stuff" is not
known.  The older pfi Cavalier 2.2 ecm's have only limited reprogrammability.
These are reprogrammable through the ALDL BTW.  But the data you can change is
_very_ limited.  IIRC, I was told that the speed limiter is one of the items
it's not possible to modify. : (
The 1227749 and the (somebody bail me out here...) other ecm used on the 90
Olds/Pontiac quad 4 engine might be your best choice (based on DIS
compatibility), but again the tuning info is not publicly available.

I don't want to make it sound too tough, because it's a whole lot easier than
learning enough to make changes to the OBD II unit.  But I have a 93 Cav with a
2.2 and have been working on (off and on, mostly off) using a distributor
compatible calibration with it so I can make changes to the engine
configuration.

Go ahead and get a plan, and do as much research as you can ahead of time.  But
be prepared to do some work.
Shannen