Software and Hardware request !

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Thu Oct 4 01:57:47 GMT 2001

Bruce tapped away at the keyboard with:

> > > The only thing I've seen SEFI is good for, is controlling
> > > injector pulse widths at idle when running huge injectors.
> >
> > Depends on your definition of "good". If it includes reduced HC
> > emissions under load, then it's not good.

> Shhh, don't tell anyone, but a SEFI GN stands as good or better chance of
> passing an emission test in batch fire mode then SEFI.
> Shh, remember this is an actual documented *thing*.
> Shhh, no theory or make believe, feel free to refer to the Gnttype archives.
> Even the acrhives here, look for those by Ward Spoonmore.  Course you can
> agrue that this is real world stuff, and not supported by theory <g>.
> Bruce

GN?

Check the differences between VW's ABA and PF/RV engines.

The only difference in injection systems is that the former are
SEFI. And that they meet Euro III standards, whereas the latter
require modifications to meet the even the less-stringent Euro II.

Specific fuel consumption is also lower with SEFI. Idle speed is
also more constant as the injectors fire more often allowing each
cylinder an equal chance of vapourization.

--
 /"\  Bernd Felsche - Innovative Reckoning, Perth, Western Australia
 \ /      ASCII ribbon campaign | I'm a .signature virus!       |