RTD or thermocouple?

Andrew Theurer habanero at us.ibm.com
Tue Oct 9 22:18:07 GMT 2001

I'm at the point where I need to get a sensor to measure exhaust gas temps,
and I am seeking some advice.  I can get a thermocouple, but I am concerned
that it will not report temps quickly enough.  I have heard that a RTD has
been used, but I have not found a source for one.  Does anyone know of a
source where I can get an RTD with a "black box" to output 0-5v based on
temps?  Or should I just stick with a thermocouple?

Thanks,

Andrew