RTD or thermocouple?

Rudi Machilek Rudi at vnet.net
Wed Oct 10 22:58:58 GMT 2001

http://www.omega.com/temperature/Z/zsection.asp

Best source I have found.  The response of a thermocouple is very
predictable.  But I would be very skeptical of any sort of enhancement
device.  The 1000 degree RTD does not have enough safety margin for my
likes.  Use a Type K thermocouple with at least a one eighth sheath,
grounded junction.  Keep the insertion length short, less than 1 cm.
Securely mount the cold side.  Vibration is a killer.  At higher port
velocities, even the 1 cm length may vibrate too much and break off.

Rudi