turbos

skulte skulte at skulte.com
Fri Oct 12 13:54:17 GMT 2001

I have to agree with Eric. keep up the project, even if it's just to
learn, and also for sh*ts and giggles :) It would be a pretty damn good
sleeper for highway races. If you'd like an idea of what it was to build a
non-turbo car into one, I kept a website
(http://www.skulte.com/turbo.html) when I decided to build the
Z28tt. It started as a design project while getting my MechE degree. I
figured I was spending so much time on the car anyways, I might as well
get a way to get credit and a few buck back from the school! Propose it as
an independent study project. All the research and reverse engineering is
great for experience. Hell - you probably learn more from this list than
you do in class anyway ;) I found the diy_efi list a few years ago when I
started this project. Sometime the responses can be quite curt, if you
will, as long as you show the willingness to learn on your own, everyone
offers help. Your posts have been pretty intriguing so far. Don't drop the
project. Just be prepared to have willpower to keep the boost down. Or do
as I did - set milestones (i.e. I'll just run 5 psi until I get the
false-knock figured out, when I get the intercooler built, I'll up it to 9
psi, etc...). Good luck!

A.