turbos

Jess Gypin jessmx5 at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 12 14:13:13 GMT 2001

I ran an Aerodyne on my Miata for about 15,000 miles. They tend to fail when
there are any compressor leaks or you try to spin them over 12 psi. The
bearings burn up. They have proven to be reliable on Harleys and deisels,
but that is about it. They are designed for low RPM applications. The only
"production" application that I know about for the Aerodyne right now is the
Ford Focus and the Harley. There are some other kits out there that use the
Aerodyne, just not up on them. In the 15,00 that I ran one on my Miata, I
had 3 fail due to quality issues at the factory.

Jess