TBI->TPI

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Sat Oct 13 01:04:48 GMT 2001

From: "TomQ" <zippy at tomquinn.com>
Subject: TBI->TPI
> All, I have a TBI system running on my Toyota I6 and it runs pretty
> good. Unfortuntly I don't know how to leave enough alone and now I am
> thinking of trying to "upgrade" the sytem  to a TPI setup. I have a few
> questions before I procced:

> * I have new intake manifold and I need to figure out how to modify it
> to pu the injectors in it. I sthere a special angle ofr distance the
> injectors need to be from the intake valve?

Just wanna spray some fuel as much as possible on the back if the intake
valve.  Some applications, it misses and just sprays the intake floor, which
will work, just if you can getting the fuel to the back of the valve helps
with vaporization.

> * How do I figure out what size to use?

If your running say (2) 45s that would be a total of 90, divided by 6 would
be 15.  With port you basically need less accleration enrichment, since the
fuel is being injected at the valve rather then in the plenum.

> * I guess I can't use my 1227747 ECM which one should I use in its
> place?

elbrock in one of their kits used a 747 to run a port system.  Might be
worth looking at, staying with the 747, again AE issues.

> * I can still use all my other sensors right?

Yep.

> * What would be a good place to start as far as looking at throttle
> bodies?

Use what you have, just remove the injectors.
Bruce