Aerochargers are better than a twin screw!! hahaha ;-)

Stephen Andersen SAndersen at advan-tek.com
Mon Oct 15 01:46:51 GMT 2001

Greg,

I "respectfully" have copies of the Lysholm compressor maps
in my briefcase, and have done the requisite efficiency
calculations.  While I agree that the lysholm AE is not that
of a centrifugal compressor, they are still pretty darn
good (range of 58-64% for my car), compared to 30-50% for
a new style (Eaton) Roots.

My point was not really one of efficiency (although I did mention
it), but that rotational speed of the compressor does not have to
be very high to get high pressure output.

In my application, shooting for 7.5-8 psi, I am quite confident that
the Lysholm will give me at least 6+ psi at 1500 rpm. and climb
from there.

Since you are accusing me of just "regurgitating" magazine info,
I would like to know on what you base your comment that aerocharger's
little plots are "fact"?

Care to share?

And I'll keep the PE in my sig thanks, I don't think I have
crossed any ethical boundaries here...

Steve

Stephen M. Andersen, P.E.                              (302) 326-6405
Technical Director                                    FAX  (302) 326-6401
AdvanTek International, LLC                     Cell   (302) 547-9842
56 Read's Way                               andersen at Advan-Tek.com
New Castle, DE 19720