Aerochargers are better than a twin screw!! hahaha ;-)

Stephen Andersen SAndersen at advan-tek.com
Mon Oct 15 12:56:06 GMT 2001

Greg,

I understand what you are saying about efficiencies.  I will
however reiterate that my initial point was that the boost
curve for the PD supercharger on aerocharger's site is
a crock!!!

That doesn't neccessarily mean that a lysholm compressor
is better, just that aerocharger is misrepresenting the
facts.  Don't forget that there is theory, and practice
and quite often the two don't match.  I am basing some
of my comments not on compressor maps and calculations,
but real-world evidence that the lysholms, when sized and
driven properly, often make within 10-20% of peak boost
at very low rpm on many applications.  Take that for
whatever it is worth.

Suffice it to say that I did not intend to talk
down to the list, nor did I intend to flaunt my
credentials.  This list is one of the last places
on the planet that I would think myself capable
of talking down to anyone, regardless of the
signal to noise ratio (which IMHO is very poor).

I have my sig there because I use this computer mostly
for work and it appends my sig for me.  I usually don't bother
to delete it when composing a message, as I didn't think it
was either flaunting, or offending anyone.

Steve