Aerochargers are better than a twin screw!! hahaha ;-)

Jeff Meager jmeager at bigpond.com
Mon Oct 15 13:28:20 GMT 2001

When you compare the period of time that a turbo is making better efficiency
vs screw-comp, it is for a very small time period.

Forget peak power, efficency etc.  They all mean nothing!!!!  What really
matters is what you can do with it. We have had both a 732 hp turbo engine,
and a 400hp whipple engined Nissan silvia (we had both engines in the same
car).  The senario that worked best everytime, in all events was the SC.  It
was on boost in no time, at full boost.  Yes the turbo engine had 350hp
more, but only when revved to hell, and in motorkana's etc, it just didn't
work well - not as well as the SC....

Each to their own.  I've got a turbo, I'm upgrading my turbo, but given the
dollars, I'd pay for the Whipple.  Driven it, want it.... no lag.....

LJ