Aerochargers are better than a twin screw!! hahaha ;-)

Stephen Andersen SAndersen at advan-tek.com
Mon Oct 15 14:43:03 GMT 2001

If you don't actually drive your car in the "real world" that
may be correct.

If you want to be like me and irresponsibly waste the
occasional Mustang, Camaro, Vette, etc either in
a stoplight "drag" or at the strip, this is not the
case.

My goal with my car is to have the widest flattest
torque curve possible.  I'm going for area
under the curve, not a high peak at a certain location.

I want boost, however I don't want to lose the relatively
linear characteristics of the power delivery of my inline
6.

This is consistent with Jeff Meager's assesment of the
700hp turbo car vs. the 400hp whipplecharged car.  I want
the "feel" of the latter, even though the former would
certainly kick my ass on the dyno, on the strip, and
at top end on the street, but probably not at a 5-60 stoplight
race.

All of this assumes of course, that I have adequate (or at least
nearly adequate) available traction...

Steve