O2 sensor

Diehl, Jeffrey jdiehl at sandia.gov
Mon Oct 15 17:35:16 GMT 2001

My quest for the WB O2 sensor continues...

I went to AutoZone the other day and asked for an O2 sensor for a 92 Civic
1.5L.  They had two listed, one for $69.99 and one for $219.99.  I figured I
needed the high-dollar one...

They brought it out and it had 4 wires coming out of it.  I was told that
the WB used in the diy-wb had 5 wires.  Is this true?  I'm hoping this is
the right one, because I was able to get threaded bungs that fit it.

I need to make sure this is the right one because I have to modify my header
to accept it; it sure would be a bummer to modify the header and find out
that the part doesn't fit!  Steel is not very forgiving.

BTW, where is the best price for this part?  $219 is steap.  Initially, I
only need one, but plans are that we will put one on each of 4 cyls. and
tune each independantly.

Thanx,
Mike Diehl.