Aerochargers are better than a twin screw!! hahaha ;-)

Jeff Meager jmeager at bigpond.com
Mon Oct 15 23:51:06 GMT 2001

You cannot get something for nothing in any situation.  Take a turbo. This
means exhaust backpressure.  If exhaust BP wasn't a bad thing, you wouldn't
put a big cam onto an Normally aspirated car would you?  Right, so a big cam
for peak power is best to get all the crap out....
Now we put on a turbo and reduce to buggery the overlap etc.  The turbo
makes up for the lack of power due to the cam, but now you have a large
amount of residual exhaust in the cylinder due to high BP before the
turbo....
SEE, it wasn't FREE!  You've cost yourself a clean burn by putting the turbo
on.....

Yes, on nearly every factory turbo setup, that will make usable boost at
2500rpm, you will by peak power have twice the backpressure vs
boost....measured it, seen it....

LJ