Aerochargers now Transmissions

Ray Drouillard RayLists at quixnet.net
Wed Oct 17 00:09:26 GMT 2001

With proper design, it ought to be more efficient than the TF727/NP229
combination that I have in my Jeep.  Add regenerative braking and a smaller
engine to that, and the mileage increase ought to be pretty good.  Back in
the '70s, someone used a Tecumseh engine (20HP, IIRC) and a Bradley GT
(homebuilt) body to build a car that got about 70 MPG, did 0-60 in eight
seconds, and had a top speed of about 70 MPH.  Ditch the lawn mower engine
for something more powerful and efficient (with EFI, of course :), put it on
a real car (or Jeep), and you ought to have something that will beat all
three of those figures.

Ray Drouillard