Source for high pressure 12v water pump

Mark Chauvin chauvin at ghg.net
Wed Oct 17 20:21:01 GMT 2001

Dave,

Any idea where you would get a tank for that setup?  A small air
reservoir from Sears would work I guess, but how would you put the
water in?  And how would you make sure just water goes out, and not
air (bubbles)?  I saw a web site where a guy used a tank with a
bladder, but it looked very tedious to refill it.

Or, would it be possible to blow the compressed air into the intake
path, through an eductor to suck the water into the air stream?  Like
the miracle grow lawn feeders.  I  don't know if that would put enough
water into the engine, but it sure would atomize it, don't you think?
I really like the idea of an air tank.  I was in walmart last night;
ten bucks will get you a portable 125psi air pump.  And it's
instant-on.  No waiting for the pump to pressure up.

Stephen, I did a search on this awhile back.  Sureflo makes some nice
pumps that go up to about 70psi, I think:
http://www.shurflo.com/
but they say their pumps won't handle anything flamable (you are going
to mix alcohol w/ the water, yes?)
Here's one that'll do 60psi:
http://www.northerntool.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=9414&prmenbr=6970

Flojet also sells some:
http://www.flojet.com/
don't know if they can handle alcohol.  Maybe they all can, if you mix
in a little lube (Redline sells some alcohol top-end lube).  Their
catalog they sent me lists a D7135B7011 that'll do 100psi at 2.2gpm,
and is made of "chemical resistant parts", but I couldn't find it on
the web site.  I haven't investigated further.

Here is a site with parts list:
http://home.att.net/~stevemon/AlcoholInjMod.html
And one for a Buick:
http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/fuelsystem/alkyrecipe.html
And another:
http://www.dawesdevices.com/howto.html

And these people sell solenoids pretty cheap:
http://www.poweraire.com/index.htm
And if you want to use a misting nozzle instead of NOS:
http://www.mcmaster.com/

(Gosh it's nice to contribute instead of just read read read...)

hth
-Mark