diy o2 and tpi question

chris abreu christopher.abreu at uconn.edu
Thu Oct 18 05:51:09 GMT 2001

Hi guys,

sorry if you have answered this question a million times already, but i
haven't seen a clear answer in the past emails.  How do you read the output
of the system.  I dont have too much electronics knowledge and therefore
looking at the layout doesn't help me much. I don't see an LCD display on
the parts list or numerous LED's.  Can somebody give me an answer in terms
an ME would understand.  The only experience I have with anything even
close to Electrical work is burning proms  for TPI and installing TPI.

second question
My 89 tpi system doesn't seem to know how to run when cold.  it sputters
and wants to stall.  I haven't looked at 02 voltage at startup, wouldn't
matter anyway, because the sensor isn't warm enough.  I have the ability to
make changes in the prom if you guys have any recommendations.  changed
coolant temp sensor, mat is good, iac is good. Haven't checked fuel
pressure yet though.

thanks everyone
chris