Water spray

classicgm at classicgm.com classicgm at classicgm.com
Fri Oct 19 18:57:15 GMT 2001

On Fri, 19 Oct 2001, Mark Chauvin wrote:

> OK, I have another thought.  If you're going to spray water downstream
> of the MAF (assuming your car has one), then using compressed air to
> atomize & deliver a water stream will mess up your a/f ratio, if your
> car's using the MAF to determine a/f ratio.  that's bad.  So what is
> the harm in spraying ahead of the MAF?  Will that hurt it or throw off
> accuracy?  What if you did it ahead of the air filter, so any large
> drops wouldn't make it through?
>
> Just thinking, probably too much again...

Has anyone looked at the atomizing hudimidifiers that produce "cold
steam"? They have what looks like a piezoelectric device (maybe emitting
ultrasonic sound ?!?!) to instantly vaporize water. We had one of these
things years back and I wondered if the technology could be applied to
fuel atomization in carburation or injection. It seems that if the device
could be controlled by the ECM (if necessary) a known vapor curve could be
delivered. Don't know what this would do to a MAF tho...

--
Andrew in Florida
"Twelve.. sheets of foolscap, don't ask me why... "