Thermal coatings

TwoLnBlktp90 at aol.com TwoLnBlktp90 at aol.com
Sat Oct 20 15:54:10 GMT 2001

--part1_41.128fc7db.2902f7f3_boundary

I am just watching this one, but I believe Hooker Super Comp headers are
coated both inside and out. I've also read on the DIY kits, most enthusiasts
just don't take the time to coat the inside.

Really, if the coatings do work, I would imagine it would be very important
to do the inside also, as this would lower the actual temp of the metal
pipes, reducing fatigue.

The one I'm really interested in (besides turbo exhaust manifold and turbine)
is coating the exhaust valves, as they are the single hottest part of the
combustion chamber.

--part1_41.128fc7db.2902f7f3_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>I am just watching this one, but I believe Hooker Super Comp headers are coated both inside and out. I've also read on the DIY kits, most enthusiasts just don't take the time to coat the inside.
<BR>
<BR>Really, if the coatings do work, I would imagine it would be very important to do the inside also, as this would lower the actual temp of the metal pipes, reducing fatigue.
<BR>
<BR>The one I'm really interested in (besides turbo exhaust manifold and turbine) is coating the exhaust valves, as they are the single hottest part of the combustion chamber.
<BR>
<BR></FONT></HTML>

--part1_41.128fc7db.2902f7f3_boundary--