Thermal coatings

Ross Corrigan 280zx at home.com
Mon Oct 22 00:38:42 GMT 2001

I burned the majority of the coating off my blockhuggers during a 1.5 hr
trip that I had highway 'cruise' set 'way' lean.....:(

At 05:17 PM 10/21/01 , you wrote:
>My SuperComps are coated both inside & out & except for the bottom that
>was scrapped off via the pavement, they look brand new, both inside & out.
>
>I have heard rumor that some of the coatings can come off of headers
>(inside) due to the heat in Turbo apps, exceeding the coating specs.  I
>would think this to be not such a good thing for your turbo's.  I would
>love to know if there is anyone out there that has a coated set in a turbo
>app that can confirm or deny this claim.
>
>BW

Ross Corrigan  /  Vancouver, Canada

www.modern-motorsports.com
13" 280ZX brake setup available!
70-78 13" Big Brake Upgrade nearing completion!
CNC rear disk bracket underway!
CV halfshaft adaptor underway!
mailto:280zx at home.com      ICQ # 11549358
http://207.212.212.139/~corrigan/gearheads/pics/wheels/sirbg.jpg    where a