Thermal coatings

The Punisher punisher454 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 22 03:08:15 GMT 2001

I have this 11:1 406 small block chevy that I coated the pistons,combustion
chambers, combustion side of the intake valve, both sides of the exhause
valve and the whole exhaust port. I built a nearly identical engine several
years ago (except it was more like 10:1) and I can tell you for certian that
the coated engine is less prone to detonation even with the higher
compression. I used tech line coating which requires SANDblasting the parts
first(dont glassbead). I had the heads off 5 months ago during a cam change,
and the heads, valves,pistons all looked good with no chips or flakes after
3 years of medium commuting, cruising and the occasional dragrace.

Keith