WBO2 LCD digital display

Hugh Keir hugh at sol.co.uk
Tue Oct 23 18:05:28 GMT 2001

I have a Dataq 4channel starter kit which works quite well.

It has a maximum sample rate of around 230 per second, so is perfect for
logging the WB output.

However, for some you will then probably want to reference RPM to see where
you are weak / rich which will allow an analysis of whether you are
improving the vehicle performance or not and the Dataq 4channel starter kit
is not fit for that purpose.

I found a self build item at http://www.geocities.com/93notch/EMS/ which
uses a Texas instruments TLC2543 chip.
The circuit has 11 input channels and the site gives you pictures of the
circuit, a build list and some basic software to run the chip.

This set-up would I think have the speed to read crankshaft trigger disks
etc to give you ignition timing as well.

Hugh