First batch job ready

Greg Hermann bearbvd at mindspring.com
Wed Oct 24 20:01:17 GMT 2001

At 3:29 PM 10/24/01, Stephen Andersen wrote:
>I just paypal'd him the money for my 2 kits and video
>to help him pay his credit card bill, and plan to sit and
>wait a while.
>
>I think he just underestimated what a monumental effort
>he was signing up for, and it will just take him a bit
>of time to dig out...
>
>Steve

Steve's last e-mail on the matter _DID_ say that he was not going to cash
any checks until he had mailed kits.

Greg

Here is a copy of it, it was sent personally to a _VERY_ long list of
names, Steve did NOT post this message to the list.

----------------

Subject: Parts kits update

Sorry for the lack of communication.  This is a _bigger_ project than I
expected!  If you got this email, then it's a 'confirmation' that you are
on the web page list.  I'm almost done sorting components, and hope to
start shipping next week.  I won't cash any checks until I ship your kit,
and all the paypal $ is still with PayPal.  I won't transfer it to my bank
account until those kits are shipped as well.  For the rest of today, I'm
going to reply to the almost 200 emails I've got waiting for me about the
parts kits, so if you emailed me directly, I'll get back to you soon.

With the over 60,000 parts I'm sorting out, there is a good chance that I
goofed on someone's kit.  If you are short something, please take an
inventory of the rest of your parts, and let me know all you are missing,
and I'll get replacement parts out to you A.S.A.P.

For the non-US orders that can't use http://www.paypal.com, I will be
looking into http://www.tradenable.com, which I've been told works well,
but costs about $4.50 US.  Any foreign checks mailed to me must be in US
funds, otherwise my bank will charge me something outragous to cash it (on
the order of $10 US).

Please be patient, I'll get to you.  Believe me, I really want to ship as
many of these kits as I can, and start paying off that $5,000 credit card
bill!

- Steven Ciciora