Oz WB PCBs - now available - Or how I screwed the list

Andrew Theurer habanero at us.ibm.com
Wed Oct 24 22:37:46 GMT 2001

On Sunday 24 October 1999 01:54 pm, you wrote:
> So you endorse theft and piracy.

I don't endorse either, but I am smart enough to realize that someone will
take public knowlege (as this stuff is available on a public archive) and
make their own use of it.

I do believe that public ideas should be totally free, including royalties
and liabilities.

> Maybe you have a low reguard for *men*, but I happen to be from the old
> school, where a man's word is valued.
> Sorry too hear you accept pitiful conduct, as being excusable.

So, I guess I'm off your Christmans card list :)

> I have no doubt there are some that will cash in on the WB.  But, for a
> lister, to do so so blanantly is not excusable in my book.
>
> BTW, are you privy to his plans?.  Or kept up with the details, or just
> hitting reply?.

I have no idea of his plans, and I don't care.  As long as the DIY'ers get to
learn something, build some cool stuff, exchange ideas, I don't see how his
plans, whatever they are, can affect that.  If he is doing something "really
bad", that we don't know about, I suggest you spill the beans, instead of
just hinting at it.

I am not too pleased about the agreement myself.   Actually, I am confused.
Lets say I download and digest any of the wb-o2 documentation, then a few
years later take a job at Honda.  I work on a team that does lean-burn which
uses a o2 sensor in the same family/technology of the NTK.  All of my new
findings/work has to be given back to diy-efi?  If so, no auto company in
their right mind would hire anyone on this list, ever, for fear of liability.
 So, by participating, you eliminate any possibilty of a career in engine
mgmt.

I have no problem with anyone making a little profit on PCBs.  I do find it
in bad taste to use a DIY forum to promote it or any other commercial
venture.   I don't like commercial plugs on any email list.

-Andrew