WB discussion and war

Scot Sealander Sealand at clarityconnect.com
Thu Oct 25 10:10:38 GMT 2001

Arnaud Westenberg wrote:

> Bruce wrote:
>
> > As long as someone is going to try and ruin the list's work then it's
> > list traffic.
>
> I agree.
>
> Although I haven't contributed to this list, and this may take a while
> as well, I think I do have the right to express my opinions.
>
> It is of paramount importance that people can distribute and share their
> work without having to worry about people violating the EUA, NOT even
> for 5$!!! You can NOT interpret the EUA as you see fit, just because in
> your opinion it's a small violation. Bruce is right, these kind of
> violations will kill new initiatives (and obviously have done already).

(snipped for brevity.)

Thanks for writing this!

Why is it that some people can see the problem and source of irritation
so clearly, yet other struggle to see what is going on?  Let me repeat
Arnaud's words:

"You can NOT interpret the EUA as you see fit, just because in your
opinion it's a small violation."

There we go, that is what we are arguing about.  To me it is simple and
clear, and don't understand why most all the list does not speak up and
agree with this small but very important detail.

Shoplifting, great analogy Brian!

Scot Sealander