MegaSquirt MAP

Bruce Bowling bbowling at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 26 01:04:36 GMT 2001

Santi,

To change MAP sensor requires you to change it on the board, and use the
code version which has the MPX4250 version of KPAFACTOR.inc, which is the
lookup table which converts ADC counts directly in KPA.

As for running a NA car w/ a Turbo MAP - you can do it, but you lose MAP
resolution. the MPX4115 yields 5 volts @ 115 KPA, and the MPX4250 yields 5
volts @250 KPa (see the pattern in part number). But, in reality, you will
probably never notice the difference in resolution, practically speaking.
For your situation, get the Turbo MAP. For those just running NA engines,
get the MPX4115AP version.

- Bruce

>------------------------------
>
>Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 22:29:21 +0000
>From: "Santi Udomkesmalee" <scathontiphat at hotmail.com>
>Subject: Megasquirt MAP
>
>how hard is it to switch the MAP sensors on the Megasquirt?  Can you run a
>NA engine with a 2bar MAP?  What would you guys suggest if I want to be able
>to run a NA engine now, and in the future have a forced induction setup?
>thanks
>
>- -santi

>-Bruce

              Bruce A. Bowling