Typical AFRs

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Fri Oct 26 01:24:35 GMT 2001

> > > 1. idle      14-17:1
> > > 2. cruise   14-17:1
> > > 3. light acceleration, mid throttle transients  That accleration
> >enrichment and it's by application
> > > 4. WOT   N/A?  start at 12.2 and lean from there.
> > > 5. High RPM closed thottle overrun  Turn  injectors off

> For the simple ones in here (i.e. me), does #5 mean that when the
> engine realises you're "engine braking", it stops firing the injectors
> in order to save fuel?
> Chris

It's about not loading the engine up.
M/C tend to decclerate a lot faster then a car engine, and last thing you
want is stalling coming to stop on a bike.
You want to turn the timing to 0, or even after TDC.

A mild M/C is radical compared to most street cars.  So you need to treat
them with the strategies of a full out race car in some respects.
Bruce