WB O2 and EGT compensation

bcroe at juno.com bcroe at juno.com
Fri Oct 26 03:43:53 GMT 2001

Since the sensor heater increases in resistance as
it heats up, it would be possible to periodically check
the resistance increase beyond normal (caused by
very hot exhaust).  Heater power could then be
adjusted as required to maintain the desired
resistance (and temperature).  This would take
another servo loop, which could be done in the
analog or digital domain.

Practically speaking, .05 A/F accuracy or even
0.1 is not really of value for the type of projects I
see the list doing.  The WB signal moves
constantly much more than this.  The heater
already partially compensates without external
feedback.  If you really need certified accuracy,
buy the $2000-$4000.

Bruce Roe