[EFI] Re: Increasing fuel pressure

Daniel Houlton houlster at user1.inficad.com
Wed Oct 31 05:23:46 GMT 2001

Steve Spiers wrote:

> Hi
>
> Yeah I understand that, but I do not have full control. I want to run higher
> pressure for extra boost pressure etc. The function is apparently not linear,
> The whole sales point of these things is that it is rising rate and adjustable,
> but there is no info on how adjustable or how what the rate is. Ive emailed some
> people that have them and they have just fitted them without setting them up
> etc! They just though that more fuel pressure would be obtained and that was
> good! heh

I've been using one from cartech.net for a couple years
now.  http://www.cartech.net/fuelaccessories.html

It was around $200, but I've heard from some Dodge turbo
guys that if your are, or know someone in the automotive
business (shop owner, manufacturer, re-seller, etc), that
they can get it for around $150.

They have several models, including a new, more expensive
billet model that looks quite a bit nicer.

They go into the fuel return line *after* the stock fuel
pressure regulator.  They are adjustable in the onset, and
in their rising rate from 1:1 to 7:1 (or maybe 5:1, don't
remember).

The onset means you can start the fuel pressure boost at
around 2 or 3 inches of vacuum, or 1 or 2 psi of boost.
The rate sets how fast fuel pressure comes up relative to
boost once the onset point is reached.

Onset is adjusted by screwing in a stud.  Rising rate is
adjusted with an adjustable bleed of the boost sense line.

Works very well.

--Dan
houlster at inficad.com