TPS based boost control?

Jason Haines jhaines15 at home.com
Mon Oct 1 02:43:21 GMT 2001

> >I'm really keen on the feature that the Autronic ECU has where you can
vary
> >the wastegate control according to TPS... does anyone make a boost
> >controller that allows some kind of extra control like this?  or has
anyone
> >modified one of the electronic units to have TPS switch between two boost
> >presets, for example?   sure would be cool to have 500hp at 50% 700hp at
70%
> >and 900hp at 90% !!!  would help quite a bit on the street at least...

One of the HKS boost controllers has the ability to control boost versus RPM
and versus throttle position. I think it is the Pro model. It isn't cheap -
I think it retails for something like $1200. The HKS controllers seem to
work very well.

Limit Engineering also makes a boost controller that has a TPS input (and
also can vary boost versus RPM). I think they just call it a Turbo
controller. It also has auxilliary injector control capabilities.

I think one of the Apex'i (spelling?) models might also have this feature (I
think you can have speed or TPS on the Apex'i). I have never used this boost
controller though (just saw it at SEMA and in the magazines).

Jason