DIY-WB... It's alive...

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Tue Sep 4 20:08:43 GMT 2001

rr wrote:

> The spec sheet for the LM9044
> makes no mention of a bias voltage output to the O2 sensor.

The data sheet I have does mention a bias.  Check the spec called
"Non-Inverting Input Bias Current".  The typical value is +/- 380
nanoAmps.  (In other units, 0.00000038 amps.)

> With a Fluke 83 measuring this input to ground the ECM then reports
> a 409mV O2 sensor voltage. The Fluke reports a 397 mV level
> on the O2 + input (open). This is quite a change for a high input
> impedence DVM.

Measure with the meter connected between the + input and the ECMs 5 volt
supply.  Or measure between the + input and the + end of a D cell (or C,
or AA, or ...) with the negative end of the cell jumpered to ECM ground.