What went wrong with the Aussie WB Buy?

Brian L Massey blocklm at juno.com
Tue Sep 4 23:00:00 GMT 2001

On Tue, 04 Sep 2001 16:04:17 -0400 Shannen Durphey <shannen at grolen.com>
writes:

> But keep in mind that this issue is only out in the public eye to
> create a
> stir.  This is the DIY-EFI equivalent of the National Enquirer.  The
> people who
> are really in the business of stealing projects will be quietly
> offering a
> product for sale while the list is busy screaming over this little
> publicity
> stunt.

Yes, very likely. Even the General hinted at that. Here's another quote
from him:

>This talk about commercial use of information on DIY
>is just silly. Nobody using any information for any type of serious
commercial
>gain will be letting the list know any time soon.

Hmm, I hope that wasn't an admission. But I would think twice, if I were
the General or his mates, about what it's like to live as a *marked man*.
Not a fun thought. Not only is history a harsh mistress, but I've heard
she has a long memory too. :)

Brian