New member intro

Brian Davison davisonx at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 6 22:38:32 GMT 2001

Greetings all,

As a brief intro, I'm an engineer with an automotive
supplier doing R&D work (test lab) on advanced
valvetrain technology such as cylinder deactivation,
cam profile switching, variable valve lift, and
variable cam timing.  I am a veteran of Formula SAE at
the university and weekend drag racing in high school.

I've got an ex-Ford Probe GT that was totaled by a
tree branch (shattered hatch and quarter glass =
totaled) that's beggin' to be raced somewhere,
somehow, converted to RWD of course.  I've also got a
buddy building a formula car with a sportbike engine.

How are these lists organized?  Is the GMECM list a
subgroup of DIY_EFI?  Do I need to keep double
posting, or will posting to diy_efi suffice unless
it's directly related to GM fuel injection?

Do you guys in the US have any in-person get
togethers?

I'm getting more and more familiar with data
acquisition and LabView programming.  I've also got a
pretty strong background with the mechanicals of
engines (including flow and combustion) and I hope to
be an asset to the group in that respect while I learn
from you all about the programming and hardware of an
efi controller.

Brian Davison
'01 Toyota Tacoma, V6, TRD
'00 Chevy Camaro Z28 (wife's)
'67 Ford Mustang (high school project)
'93 Ford Probe GT (stripped/gutted, waiting)