Using a knock sensor from one engine on another

TVS tkmvs at bigfoot.com
Fri Sep 7 23:46:40 GMT 2001

  If anybody else is interested in the Saab APC let me know and I'll keep
you up to date with how I get on.
  I've now got all the bits from a Saab breakers yard and got it 'running'
on the bench. If I strike the vice, in which the knock sensor clamped, the
pulse width to the solenoid valve increases.... so it's doing something!
I'll test it on the engine as I sort out the ignition advance.
 Thanks again for the advice, Toby