DIY WB

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Tue Sep 11 13:05:27 GMT 2001

> All this bickering about who contributed what, and not even a sniff about
> Garfield ?

If he had kept his word, we may have had a WB 2 years ago.   After seeing
him break his word, and leave to go make money with it, in part prompted the
users agreement we have now.  There have been others that did the same
thing.  I don't see where it's fair or right to get what you can, and then
abandon those that helped (after saying a project would be freeware for
common usage).   When the issue of money originally arose is when he left
the list, since the thought of someone making money off of his work so
provoked him.   In order to take money out of the project when the original
team went off list it was agreed that money was to play no part in it.  The
only matter was to keep it as simple as possible to that as many folks as
possible could build it.

  What's sad is the guy that was unsure of his soldering said, OK I'll buy
two and try my hand at it.  He's willing to learn, ya, it took a nudge, but
lots of folks need a nudge to learn something.   Flaming him would have been
to agree with him.

Life is not about being in a popularity contest.
Bruce