56 cubic inch engines

TVS tkmvs at bigfoot.com
Tue Sep 11 23:27:46 GMT 2001

Dave,

> Re injector sizing - aarrrgh, that's my main worry.
> I'm running the injectors from a Ford Fiesta xr2i (UK
> car) which had a 1.6 engine capable of about 120 bhp.
> "Oh, but that's way too big for your 930cc imp engine"
> I hear you all say. I hope not, afterall what can I do
> when I want 120 bhp with the turbo attached.

Don't forget that you'll probably want to run it at WOT, with the turbo,
quite a lot richer than the NA engine. The extra fuel helps supress
detonation by keeping the temperatures down.
According to some notes I've got from somewhere, a NA engine needs about
4.6cc/min per Hp where as a turbo engine needs around 5.6cc/min per Hp....
or about 22% more fuel. Therefor, with a turbo, the Fiesta injectors will be
good for at least 98Hp.... but you can always raise the fuel pressure. Hope
this is of some help, Toby