Automotive connectors

Shirley, Mark R MarkRShirley at eaton.com
Wed Sep 12 17:52:11 GMT 2001

That's because you won't find every automotive connector under the
sun at a place somebody off the street can buy them.  I designed
EFI harnesses for a major OEM for 3 years.  Most of the connectors
we used were proprietary designs that were developed for us, and you
had to have a release form from our company to even buy them.
Packard is probably your best/only source for components at the end-user
level.  They'll sell to anybody.  Waytek is probably your best source
for small quantities.

Note this is not to say you can't get others, but it's just more difficult.
You would usually have to posture as a manufacturer of harnesses to get a
quantity, and then they would have minimums.

Hope that helps,
Mark