EGT and O2 sensors time resolution AND LED tach

Santi Udomkesmalee scathontiphat at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 13 04:02:01 GMT 2001

I asked the questions because I am interested in designing a Sequential fuel
injection system on a 4 cylinder bike engine.  Doesn't look like I'll be put
on that team though, and this project may be postponed until next year, but
I'm still interested.  The engine is on our FSAE car which is basically a
mini race car.  One of the main ECM designers for the car is interested in
going to sequential injection this year, and I was wondering is a closed
loop system might be worth the effort to implement.

On a different note, I haven't been able to start my tach project that I was
asking questions about yet, but once I do, I'll be sure to let you guys know
how it goes.  I've decided to make an analog LED tach which is mirrored,
that is the lights come up from both sides towards the middle, instead of
just coming from the right.  I stole this idea from the tach in our race
car.  I thought about stealing the whole dash design from the race car, but
it is a little to complicated for me to deal with right now, as it's central
control is a 16-bit motorola processor, and all I want is a simple(but nice
looking) tach.  If any of you have any suggestions on how I modify this
circut (http://www.3riversjunction.com/Auto/Tach/tachometer.htm) to get this
mirror tach that I'm looking for, and how I change the RPM points I would
greatly appreciate it.

-santi