Fuel Injector swaps, and means of viewing IDC in the car.

Jorge M. Carrillo jcarrillo at cginc.net
Thu Sep 13 14:07:36 GMT 2001

Hi everyone,

	I'm going to attempt to swap out the stock injectors from my Subaru WRX (40
lb/hr) with the closest I could find (size, impedence), which are from a
Mazda RX-7 Turbo II (top fed, high impedence, 550CC).  When rails or
manifolds have to be modified is it typically to enlarge the opening to
accept the new injectors?  I've ordered a new fuel rail for my car (cheap at
$22 USD) just for the sake of experimentation, but anyone who's swapped
injectors of varied body types would be appreciated.

	Also, I am looking for a way of being able to monitor injector duty cycle
from inside the car.  I don't want to have to use a multi-meter.  Are there
any "affordable" stand alone units that could be tied into an injector wire
to measure IDC?

Thanks!

Jorge M. Carrillo
Director