'97 Ford PCM software modding?

Shirley, Mark R MarkRShirley at eaton.com
Thu Sep 13 19:12:17 GMT 2001

You're lucky because the 97 Taurus uses the EEC-5 processor, which
is flash upgradable.  You're unlucky because this is a pretty complex
ECM that will probably be very tough for you to crack.  I'd refer you
to the EEC-4 list for starters, maybe there's somebody there with experience
on the EEC-5's.  I wish I could help more, but my contacts at Ford are
probably going to be unwilling to help crack a production ECM.