Barometric pressure

Jason Haines jhaines at lingenfelter.com
Fri Sep 14 17:07:26 GMT 2001

Which above reference GM? You don't mean the 1994 LT1 Camaro that was
originally asked about do you? As far as I know, the LT1 PCM as used on the
Camaro/Firebird/Corvette/Impala has a MAP and a MAF input but no barometric
pressure sensor (onboard the PCM or offboard as an input) and the LT1 ECM
has MAP only (1992-1993 applications).

Jason

> There are several strategies.
> Some take a glance at startup, then others at 3/4 throttle, do a review of
> it
> The earlier ones use a full time baro sensor.
> (the above, reference GM)
> Bruce
>

> > I never knew the Baro value changed...until next key on. One reason is
> that
> > you can start an EFI down here, drive to Banff--and it's running on the
> rich
> > side till you stop for gas <G>... suddenly, it's fixed. The 3000 ft
> > elevation change isn't updated till next key on cycle. If they're using
> > WOT run for an update, I dunno--IMO it's not the whizziest idea in the
> park.
> >
> > Lyndon.

MAP