Starting fuel load question.

Con Torrisi con at bretts.com.au
Sat Sep 15 23:45:42 GMT 2001

Shannen,

Cold is ambient of about 15-20 Celsius. In my system the cranking value is
regardless of hot or cold, the cold enrich works only when the engine is
cold and begins decaying until it cuts out at about engine temp of 60 deg.

I have high volume injectors and every engine type is different. What would
be useful is know is how much extra fuel is required for cold cranking
compared to (say) hot idle. Then I can work it out. Cold where I live
(Brisbane Australia) is relatively constant and I see that most systems
would have to cope with a much wider variation of temperatures. However, my
system is much simpler and suits my application reasonably well.

Cheers

Con