ALDL on V6 Cavalier

rr RRauscher at nni.com
Sun Sep 16 14:05:36 GMT 2001

I had trouble talking to an $88 mask '730 ECM. What I finally did was
to connect to the ECM using a regular scan tool. By tapping into and
capturing the data stream I was able to see the required commands.

With that information I was then able to connect with the home brew tools.
The command bytes were different from any of the others I had seen.

The no chatter string:

    F0 55 BB

The normal ALDL request string:

    F0 56 01 B9