ALDL on V6 Cavalier

Barry Tisdale btisdale at cybersol.com
Tue Sep 18 23:43:49 GMT 2001

This sounds like the probs I had getting EFIlive to read the 7749 in my
Syclone.  Worked back & forth w/ Paul Blackmore unitl we got it to work.
Once you've got the 8192 baud (actually 8200, IIRC, OUTing the UART
registers to get that), timings are critical w/ this ECM.  The interval
between receiving the chatter (F0 55 BB) needs to be between 3 and 5ms -
any more or less, you won't linkup.  There is also a delay needed between
receiving the last of the 71 data bytes & issuing another transmit request
- I forget what this is, somewhat longer than 4ms, though.  My logger
software has grown to the point of not needing any delay here, due to slow
processor & lots of code to process.

FWIW - Barry