problems with EFI car idle and pressure sensors

Matt Beaubien mrbeau0 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 20 13:18:06 GMT 2001

I would argue that if you move the throttle enough to
change the airflow, the MAP value would change as a
result.  The engine responds to manifold conditions,
so that's really what's controlling the engine.

Put one way: if the TPS change is small enough that
MAP isn't affected, would the engine run different?  I
would say no.

Put another way:  if you had a turbo engine where MAP
and TPS aren't "directly connected" (e.g. turbo lag),
would you rather fuel based on TPS or MAP...?

My two bits.

Matt.