problems with EFI car idle and pressure sensors

Brian L Massey blocklm at juno.com
Thu Sep 20 22:18:30 GMT 2001

On Thu, 20 Sep 2001 22:25:02 +0100 "Huw Scourfield"
<huw.scourfield at lineone.net> writes:
>Hi, congratulations on at least getting it running !  I did a similar
project for my B Eng degree >recently but used a 16f877 pic, I don't
honestly believe your problem is anything to do with your >load sensing,
this system is used all the time on race cars, and even my mini with 2
injectors and >siamesed inlet ports idled close to the current co
emmission limits. Is your injector duration >adjustable by a fine enough
enough amount? This can be an important consideration when idle >opening
times are very short, 10ths of a millisecond steps should do it.

Huw, this sounds interesting. Did you write up anything on it for your
BE?; if so, I would love to have a look.

TIA,
Brian