Megasquirt Group buy

Bruce Bowling bbowling at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 21 23:58:28 GMT 2001

One more thing on the MegaSqurt group purchase: Al and I plan on burning the flash
on the GP32 CPU with the embedded code, so all one has to do is solder the
board together and install. Tuning for the EFI parameters happens using the PC GUI
(I will be posting this program on the WWW site soon - I am gathering up the
required DLLs and OCX files), so there is no need to re-burn the EFI program flash,
unless one wants to try their hand at their own algorithms. The EFI parameters are
also stored in Flash on the micro, but there is a flash burn routine that I included in
the embedded code which gets invoked whenever new EFI parameters are
downloaded using the serial link. One day (!) when I
have the spare time I will add the ability to reload the embedded program itself using the
same flash reprogrammer I am using for the EFI data, thus achieveing real
fild-reprogrammability.

But, for now, to reburn the embedded program flash, go to:

      http://www.mot-sps.com

and search/dowload the EB366 application note, which shows a simple
programmer setup using little more than a MAX232 chip - this is what I am
using for all development and it works great. For
the assembler software, I used the free P&E Micro HC08 assembler:

  http://www.pemicro.com

- Bruce

Morten T Nielsen wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm new to the list and I'm interested in the group buy of the Megasquirt EFI system. Is it still running?
> I have read some of the book recommended on the EFI332 web with, and found all of them to be very interesting. I'm hoping to start as a Automotive Eng. in a year or two and corrently I'm repairing my VW Scirocco 76'. Since the carburator is gettting more and more imprecise I thought that the Megasquirt system would be a fun and enlightening project for me...
> I was directed here from the DIY list and I'd epreciate some info about the buy...
>
> Thanks!
>
> Morten Nielsen
> Denmark

- Bruce