1st timer: bigger injectors in a nissan

Dan Zorde dzorde at erggroup.com
Mon Sep 24 00:18:09 GMT 2001

Mark,

That seems like a bloody big step up in injector size.  Do you really
need them that big ?
If you've made engine modifications (more boost ?) you should be able to
just size the new ones appropriately and the standard ecu program may
still be within limits.  May also need to change fuel pressure regulator
to an adjustable rising rate type.  Can you provide a bit more info on
why you need to increase injector size.

Dan  dzorde at erggroup.com

<Here's the question: I'd like to put 460cc/min low
<impedence injectors on an '85 300ZX Turbo. The 3Z has
<low imp. 260cc/min stock. It's a V6 engine. Can
<someone clue me in on how to do this or what to read?
<The AFM is a hotwire with an output of 0-5V controlled
<with a variable resistor. From reading the some of the
<archives it looks like you're building stand-alone
<systems. Is that what I'll need to do? Approximately
<how much would a stand alone cost, or just an EFI
<system?
<
<Thanks,
<