Rising rate fuel regulator

Hugh Keir hugh at sol.co.uk
Mon Sep 24 21:26:00 GMT 2001

Does not seem to be in vogue, but I know that racing teams in the UK run 10
bar fuel pressure through the same injectors that I have on my car using 4.5
bar, 45 psi idle + 25 psi boost using a 1:1 risng rate regulator.

It's got to be a good way to save on the cost of a new set of injectors when
increasing the power output of the car +  keep the smallest injectors for
best idle mixture control - but then I am taking a simple view of things, I
am sure there are issues with injector wash from the higher pressure flow
not to mention the fuel pump capabilities.

I tried the same question 6 months ago which brought a dozen responses -
thanks, Walter Sherwin, Josh Pullen, Joseph Obernberger, Bob Wooten, Mark
Riley, Greg Hermann and Chris Capowski.

I am sure someone will tell you to look in the archives, but I can copy you
the responses from my files if you want.

Hugh