Bosch MAF

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Wed Sep 26 02:59:32 GMT 2001

On some yes, other no.
C3 gm ecms use a MAF and then a IAT/MAT sensor as a final trim.
Late Model gms using the AL housings have the sensor in the air stream in
the sensor and the electronics in the MAF sensor use that for the final
answer math.

Hot wire, and hot foil MAFs, measure a thermal loss across the element, not
airflow, Airflow is calculated.   Reversion, humidity, are issues.
Bruce