Bosch MAF

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Wed Sep 26 10:04:56 GMT 2001

TVS tapped away at the keyboard with:
> >     Possible two wires for Air temp sensor?

>   I may be wrong, but doesn't the sensor automaticly compensate
>   for air temp and so give a out put thats proportianal to the
>   mass flow? Or does the ECU have to do this?

The ECU has to do the compensation. The potentiometer is laid out
ratiometrically so that the the ECU doesn't have to worry about
compensating for any temp. drift in that element.

The sensor in the Bosch flowmeters is typically NTC. You should be
able to fit typical curves/constants in the donor Volvo's service
manual.

--
 /"\  Bernd Felsche - Innovative Reckoning, Perth, Western Australia
 \ /      ASCII ribbon campaign | I'm a .signature virus!       |